Monday, February 2, 2009

Australian accents are not always a good thing..

I answered a call from a blocked number on my cell, which I don't normally do because I do get a lot of wrong numbers. This is how the conversation went:

Me: Hello
Caller: *mumbles* Cindy?
Me: Hello??
Caller: Cindy?
Me: No
Caller: Cindy? Is this Cindy?
Me: No
Caller: Yes?
Me: Noooo!
Caller: Norris? Oh, wrong number.

Grrrr! I hate my voice so much sometimes!

Stay tuned for Musical Monday.. coming sometime this evening.

xoxo
Mandy

6 comments:

Laila P said...

How can a 'No' sound like a 'Yes'? Lol!

Amanda said...

Because apparently when I say "No" it sounds like "No-eee" and it confuses people. I've known this ever since I worked with Princess and for a while her "No" was "No-ee", not purposefully mimicking me but just because she spent so much time with me, she thought that's how the word was said. :/

Jeanette said...

If it's any consolation most people I know think Australian accents are awesome, I had a 7th grade teacher from Australia with a really strong accent, and I understood her just fine, maybe that person was an idiot. 

Amanda said...

Yeah, I know everyone here loves them. But there are certain words (most commonly used are "No" and "Two") that most people, especially over the phone, do not understand. It happens to me alllll the time!

Andhari said...

lol so funnyyyy..

Melody! said...

My grandpa Fred is way over in a place called New Zealand at this present moment in time! Do you think he will have this same type of troubles understanding the people way over there like the man on the phone did with you when you talked to him ? I hope not because he is getting on in years and we would really not like to hear that he got confused and then did something silly while over down under there!
I hope to hear some of this accent some time. It will more than likely be sometime in the future!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com