Monday, February 2, 2009

My weekend

Uh-oh, I didn’t update all weekend! It’s technically Monday now.. I became one of those people. Sorry!

Saturday was a long day, but a nice day. I only got about 3 hours of sleep, but I left the house on time (7:30am) and headed up to Princess’s house. I watched her play volleyball and then we went back to her house and hung out. It was nice having only 2 kids around and getting to know Princess’s kinda-stepsister (K) better. K has 2 brothers who were at their dad’s house that day. We chatted, played and sang songs. I spent lots of the day taking pictures and videos. Videos are my new obession... so much fun! The original purpose was to film Princess for her other previous nanny, who is now back in Scandinavia. She’s seen photos, but it’s so different seeing video – you can really see how much older she seems than over 2 years ago when the other nanny left.

After lunch, all of us went on a mini-hike, which was good exercise – especially on the way home as there were a lot of hills. The girls then decided to change into their bathing suits. It was really warm (around 82 degrees, crazy Cali) but they chickened out of their big plan to jump right into the pool. Instead they sprayed each other with the hose and then played in the jacuzzi. K’s puppy did something crazy while we were outside. Princess’s dad was trying to teach her to drop the tennis ball after fetching it. He smacked her and said, “drop it”, and eventually she did. Then he threw it again and the dog carried it in her mouth to the grass, dropped it, turned around and pooped right on top of it! I don’t know much about dogs, but it really did seem like she was doing it with the clear intention of making a point. Disgusting!

The family had a dinner to go to, so I left at around 6:30pm. I had a huge headache (from lack of sleep, no doubt) so once I got home I watched a movie, then went to bed at around 10pm. My dad called, startling me awake at 10:30pm, but I chatted to him for an hour. Typically, I was wide awake after that, but fell asleep again at 1am.

In contrast, on Sunday I did nothing (no, I did not watch any Superbowl) except some grocery shopping and errands.

"Oh, it seems like I can finally rest my head on something real. I like the way that feels."
- Ashlee Simpson

xoxo
Mandy

4 comments:

Laila P said...

You've become one of those people who doesn't blog at weekends because they have a life. How dare you! Lol.
The story about the dog was funny, it really does seem like he did it on purpose!
BTW, my 'N' post is up! Took me a while to think of 10 things but I got there in the end :)

Andhari said...

LOL yeahhh but good to know you had an awesome time :)

Melody! said...

OMgosh! I wish I could blog everyday! Maybe even blog a couple times a day like some of you gals! I can't seem to think of very many things to blog about! We can't all the time do it all the time!

That silly puppy is a smartie pants! That daddy was a poopie pants! You get more bees and stuff with honey than with vinegar and stuff! Does not that daddy know this! He must look into this!
My brother Tonka has it in for his cousin Rupert ! When we visit my aunt Mich and cousin Rupert, Tonka will pee on poor Rupert's bed! Poor Rupert! Tonka even one time POOPED on Rupert's bed! Right while we were right nearby!
Aunt Mich calls Tonka "The George Clooney of Springfield"! Well all of that is not something George would do, I would think! I will look into whether George would do this or not! I do hear however that there is a bit of hanky panky on Lake Como!

Jeanette said...

wow, 82 makes me jealous, it seems much better than the feet of snow we have here. *feel sorry for self*

I hate when you can't fall back asleep after a tiny thing like a phone call, so annoying.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com