Saturday, January 31, 2009

"I don't rely on mirrors, so I always take polaroids."

Am I the only one who does this? Do other people take pictures of themselves to see if they look cute? I know Cher Horowitz does, but does anyone in real life? For some reason, looking in the mirror just doesn't let me be objective enough. I blame the instant gratification of digital cameras/cell phones. Tonight I was taking pictures of my hair. Just my hair. To see how blonde it actually looks. That's not normal, is it?!

Also on my mind, any tips for this? If I mess up a nail (which I almost always do, considering I'm convinced they're dry enough for me to change clothes/do my hair/fix a necklace.. and they never are) I have to take the polish off that finger and start again. I have no clue how to fix it without doing that, it never works. Does anyone actually do their own nails anymore? I know some people who only ever get them done or don't do them at all.

I've got to try to go to sleep soon. I've scored an invite to Princess's volleyball game, which means I'll be leaving my apartment at 7:30am tomorrow. Ugh. I mean yay, I'm doing something on a weekend!

xoxo
Mandy

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

I should probably start taking pictures of myself before I leave so I can know whether or not the nights pictures will turn out alright.

Also I do my own nails but i have no suggestions for that problem, mainly because I usually do the same thing. haha

Amanda said...

I take pictures of myself too!!!!!


I'm in upstate New York (I don't recommend it!) but I'm moving back to Seattle hopefullyyyy in June. And then going to L.A. for a visit this summer :-)

Andhari said...

LOL i do too, I kinda am self absorbed especially on the weekends :P

Impulsive Addict said...

Just stopping by from PinkNic's page.

I don't currently take pics of myself before going out but what a fabulous idea! I see myself in pics later and say "what was I thinking?" Then I have a burning party for those outfits that made me look hideous. Taking pics before could save me time and embarrassment! Thanks! =)

Melody! said...

Hi! I stopped by here after visiting my new friend *PinkNic*'s blog!
I just wanted to say what a breath of fresh air ya'll are! So much positive talk on everybody's blogs! Looking on the bright side of things! It's wonderful!
Take what you said Mandy, on today's post! You talked about an early early morning departure for a volleyball game as being a trifle inconvenient! But you caught yourself and changed a word to make the experience of maybe loosing some beauty sleep a positve! How awesome! I need more of that! So many blogs are mean-spirited and downright depressing!
Let's keep on the sunny side of life!
Ode To Joy!
BTW! Most of the mirrors in our house are up to high for me to see myself in! Except for the one in the parent's closet that goes from bottom to top, but I can't get in there!

TTFN!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com