Thursday, January 29, 2009

The "D"-List

Okay, everyone has been doing this lately. I asked Heather for a letter and she gave me "D". So, I present to you 10 of my favorite "D" things:

1. Disneyland
I love all things Disney and Disneyland truly is one of the happiest places on earth. I've been to the one in California, Florida, and... Hong Kong. My dad thought I was crazy to 'waste' a day on my Hong Kong vacation to go to Disneyland. I reminded him that it's not my fault - the first time I was taken to Disneyland I was 3 months old. Then 3/6/12/16yrs old... My parents got me hooked.

2. Dr. Seuss
I love reading these books to the children I look after. I've never met a kid who didn't love the stories, and they are so fun and challenging to read aloud!


3. Driving

Call me crazy, but I adore driving on L.A freeways. I do hate it when traffic is bad though.


4. Diet Soda

My favorite is Pepsi One, but Diet Coke is fine too. Non-cola? My favorite is Diet Sunkist.


5. Dryers

In Australia, most people hang their clothes outside on the clothesline to dry. It's environmentally friendly, sure, but it's so much easier to stick them in a dryer and pull them out all warm and unwrinkled.



6. D12's "Purple Pills"/"Purple Hills"

Censored or uncensored, it makes me smile. This song reminds me of the summer it came out and car-dancing to it with my friends or the girls I babysat.


7. Drawing

I was always the girl who said "I can't draw" so I never tried. When working with disadvantaged kids, I realised I didn't want to teach that kind of thinking. So I tried, because the 7 year old would beg us to draw him pictures. And you know what? I wasn't too bad.



8. Dark Chocolate Covered Grahams from Starbucks

I hadn't eaten a graham cracker in 3 years (we don't really have them in Australia) and had no desire to eat one again, but I stumbled upon these and they are delish! I couldn't find a picture of the ones I've tried, but these with mint look even better.



9. "Dollhouse"

I don't know if this show is any good, but I've got a strong feeling it will be. C'mon - Joss Whedon and Eliza Dushku?! I'm so excited for it to premiere on Fox on February 13th.

10. Delta Goodrem

Delta is a young Australian singer/songwriter who has released 3 albums, the most recent of which has been released here in the U.S. I think she's awesome. She was signed to Sony at age 15, was on the Australian soap opera Neighbours, recorded her 4th music video (below) in between rounds of chemotherapy for Hodgkin's Lymphoma and she dated my favorite tennis player Mark Philippoussis.

If there's anyone out there who hasn't already done this, and would like to.. comment and I'll give you a letter!

xoxo

Mandy

4 comments:

Laila P said...

I'd like to do it!
(Just don't give me 'X' or anything, lol)

Jeanette said...

"dollhouse" does look good! But i think the last thing I need is another tv show!

oooo and I'll take a letter!

Amanda said...

I loveee driving aimlessly. If only gas was free. I don't know about driving on the L.A. free ways though. I have yet to attempt that. This summer, definitely.

Heather said...

Great list!!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com