Sunday, January 18, 2009

The hits and misses of shopping online

I did something yesterday that I've never done before. I actually clicked on one of the website ad links on Facebook. It just looked really interesting and was for a store called ModCloth. And, I bought a few things! Very unusual for me.. I usually limit my online purchases to sites I know are reliable, such as amazon.com. I've had mixed experiences with using other websites. Some are great and prompt, others are not. For example, in December I ordered a cd from an artist's website and they forgot to send it. I emailed them when it didn't arrive and they explained and apologized and they sent it out to me by overnight mail. That was awesome, that they rectified the problem. Another website, that I ordered things from in December, Monogram Me, has not been so awesome. Over two weeks before Christmas I had an email from the woman saying that my order would ship that day. It never came, so I emailed her before Christmas and asked if it had been shipped and if so, could I have a tracking number. I had a reply from her a week before Christmas saying "I will check on that and get back to you" but I have never heard from her since then. I'm so disappointed, because I had wanted to give half the contents of my order away as Christmas presents for the people I had them monogrammed for. I've tried to contact her several times since then. I just sent out another email tonight.

Anyway, here is what I bought from this new, facebook-advertised store. Fingers crossed that they arrive, because the items are super cute!

Tiny silver umbrella earrings.. for the Mary Poppins in me. ;)



An Alice-In-Wonderland-esqe antique gold plated mushroom pendant


'Princess Toadstool' salt and pepper shakers. I have no idea why, but I love these!

xoxo
Mandy

6 comments:

Andhari said...

im drooled over the necklace..:) soooo cute.

SuzANNE said...

I LOVE THAT FRAME! I was just looking at those Target frames when I was searching images for my new mug. Great taste miss. Hope you find the accessories of your dreams! Just don't buy them from the UK. Haha, I bought a necklace from Lady Luck- but it was almost $40 (even though the site said 16 pounds). I ignored the conversion rate, shipping taxes, etc. and I wasn't THAT pleased with it, but it was still fabulous.

Amanda said...

I love, love, LOVE Mod Cloth! They have some fabulous items, although some things are a little over priced. For example, this dress: http://www.modcloth.com/store/ModCloth/Womens/Dresses/La+Regle+Du+Jeu+Dress

I wouldn't buy this dress even if it was cheaper but it's still outrageously priced at $157.99!

But as you found out, their accessories are fantastic and overall pretty cheap.

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable! I hope you get them, tell us if you do.. I'll check out the store if they are legit!

Maxie said...

LOVE the salt and pepper shakers! so cute!

Jeanette said...

love the purchases!

i ordered a sweatshirt from fueled by ramen in July as soon as i got back in the country, and it did say that it would take a while to get it...but i did not expect it to take until december.......

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com