Monday, January 26, 2009

Musical Monday

I've seen this Monday theme on a few blogs, and I'm never one to pass up an opportunity to post about music!

This is one of my favorite songs right now by an artist I've only recently discovered. This video is homemade and kind of random, but stick with it at least until she starts singing!

Hello Saferide - "I Wonder Who Is Like This One"
People are like songs, it’s true
Some seem dull at first but then they grow on you
Me, I’m like ”Can’t get you out of my head”
Annoying at times, but I make you wanna dance
But you are the only one I’ve met who’s ”God only knows”
I liked you the first time I met you
And it grows and grows and grows




Another song I love by this artist is "Parenting Never Ends".
Mother, please make
my decisions
like you once did,
this time I won’t pester you about it,
I’ll surrender

There was no video on YouTube so if you're interested, check out the lyrics and amazon preview.

And lastly by Hello Saferide, a professional music video for "Anna"
You know, we could have had a daughter
And we could have named her Anna
And she would have been a sweetheart
But with punk rock manners




Now, 2 artists that I discovered quite a while ago and am loving at the moment. Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton is beautiful. Emily is the lead singer of Metric, but I much prefer her own album, Knives Don't Have Your Back.

"Doctor Blind" was my first favorite song from the album
If the the dizzying highs don't subside overnight,
Dr. Blind, just prescribe the red ones




And finally... the song that inspired my blog title, with an adorable video that somebody made for it.

The Weepies - "Gotta Have You"
Red eyes and fire and signs
I’m taken by a nursery rhyme
I want to make a ray of sunshine and never leave home




What are your favorite songs/artists at the moment?

xoxo
Mandy

4 comments:

Andhari said...

lately im into a lot of mellow sexy rnb songs, idk why..

Diane said...

all great songs! thanks for sharing! and thanks for playing!

Jeanette said...

oooo great songs. i have been titling (sp?) all my entries with a song, and then linking a video to it, I don't know how long it will last, but it is fun haha.

also now i'm undecided as to if i like emily alone or with metric...because i do like metric, but that song was amazing as well...

jori-o said...

All totally new to me, and I like! Thanks for playing!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com