Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A few misc. things

1. This is crazy. I don't care if it was a legitimate plan and was going to raise some money for charity. Selling a doll of a little girl who has been murdered within the last 6 months is sick!

2. I got my order from ModCloth, nicely packaged and about a week after I ordered it (I think that's standard.. I'm just spoilt usually by having things show up within a few days as they often ship from California). I love the necklace so much! The earrings are even smaller than I expected, about half the size of the picture in my post or less. They're adorable but I hope when I wear them people will be able to see what they are!

3. Today I got an email in response to the craigslist ad I posted about a week ago. A family wanted me to work as a live out nanny for them for $800 per month. With the hours they were wanting, that is $4 an hour. DREAMING! I don't understand why people think they can pay someone that little, but unfortunately there are people who only charge that.

"Close enough to heaven if you climb up on a mansion you too can swing like a star."
- Semisonic

xoxo
Mandy

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

wow, getting things in a few days would be amazing, I'm usually over a week because I live in the mitten. :(

Andhari said...

Selling that doll even sounds creepy to me, maybe because I watch too many horror movies.

Amanda said...

jenziebenzie - Haha, is that what they call your state??

insomniaclolita - Yeah, it's creepy and sick!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com