Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"it's easier to love somebody, it's easier than to be loved"

So true. But shamefully, they are the lyrics in the opening song of my second movie of the day.

- I know it's early days, but y'all have realised that I don't currently have a job, right? More on that later, I'm sure. But long story short, I am relatively new in town and have been travelling/settling in/job hunting for a while.

I love this movie. It's Gold Diggers: The Secret of Bear Mountain. One of those movies from my early teen years that was taken out countless times from our local video store's weekly section ($7 for 7 videotapes - school vacation score!). It's also one of those few movies I loved that never got released on dvd. I used to have a VHS copy but it wouldn't have worked in this country so I threw it out. I recorded this a few weeks ago on one of the Encore cable channels..... not that I'm admitting that I actually signed up to add that 'channel tier' for $5 a month mainly so I could record that movie. Of course not... But doesn't everyone have those movies that they just loved as a child? So I'm watching it now for the first time in probably a year. I have to make sure I don't delete it, so I can show it to Princess one day. Princess is the name I'll use here to talk about the little girl I used to nanny for. She's so important to me, like a sister. She's the one who gets to experience all the things I loved as a kid.. until I have my own children!

xoxo
Mandy

2 comments:

Sherry Kernodle said...

They have Gold Digger - The secret of Bear Mountain. I know because I bought a copy off of the internet.

Sherry Kernodle said...

They have Gold Digger - The secret of Bear Mountain. I know because I bought a copy off of the internet.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com