Monday, February 9, 2009

Musical Monday

The Grammy's were last night and I watched bits and pieces of the show, but not a lot. I did manage to catch this performance by Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus. I didn't love it, and to be honest the first time I heard it I didn't really even like it. But it's growing on me. I really like it now, except for Miley's first line. It's way too harsh. I love this song and I love both of them as artists though, so I'm excited to see Miley and Taylor perform together.

Taylor Swift & Miley Cyrus - "Fifteen (Live)"
Back then I swore I was gonna marry him someday
but I realized some bigger dreams of mine
Abigail gave everything she had to a boy who changed his mind

*edit* Someone keeps claiming copyright and making youtube delete the videos of the performance. Here's an interview with Miley & Taylor before the Grammy's, to keep you entertained until the performance is available again.



Just one more video today, and it is Taylor Swift again. Her new music video is out. You may have heard the song on Grey's Anatomy, if you watch it. All of Taylor's music videos are great but usually they're all about her looking pretty and wearing awesome dresses! This one is different, more stripped back and natural.. and sad.

Taylor Swift - "White Horse"
I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairytale
I'm not the one you'll sweep off her feet, lead her up the stairwell
This ain't Hollywood. This is a small town
I was a dreamer before you went and let me down
Now it's too late for you and your white horse
To come around



xoxo
Mandy

3 comments:

Impulsive Addict said...

I like watching the Grammys but I was bothered by MIA getting up on stage being 9 months prego! Wow...and that outfit?? Horrible!

Anyway, thanks for the comment on my blog! I have actually quit following several people. One example is Ashley's Closet. I really like her blog but she NEVER ONCE commented on mine even though I left her several comments so I deleted my following. Does that make me a bad person? LOL!

Jeanette said...

I concur with that being a great performance... however, I still have a huge problem with Miley Cyrus, and I don't really know what it is.

Miss JC said...

I thought the duet was sweet, but yes, Miley made me cringe several times. I think Taylor is adorable. Thanks for posting this video so I can watch it again! I love that we both have "music Mondays." :)

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com