Monday, June 22, 2009

9/35

I took this quiz from Peeptoe Pumps & Pearls. I didn't really think that I would do great on this quiz. Just remember that I've only lived on my own in this country for only a year, and that I'm living somewhere where I know only a handful of people, none of whom live closer than an hour away from me! Okay, excuses aside, I scored 9 out of a total of 35.

Let me know if any of you do this quiz... and I hope you do better than me! I'm sure most of you will.

Are you a Hospitality Queen?

Give yourself one point for every question you answer “yes”.

(My answers are in purple.)

1. Cooked supper last night. Supper = Dinner? Then yes I did. Let's just not ask me what it was. Haha.

2. Have at least one apron. Nope.

3. Make weekly menus to grocery shop from. No.

4. Consider the color of food when you prepare a meal. Yes. A rainbow of veggies is good.

5. Light candles in your home daily. Well, I did in the winter. Can that count? I think so, because it is far too hot to light them daily during warmer seasons in Los Angeles in an unairconditioned apartment.

6. Have at least 10 cookbooks. BONUS Add 5 points if you cook from at least 5 of them! No. I have 1 and I have never cooked from it.

7. Have something in your refrigerator/pantry right now that you could prepare a whole meal. Yes, of course.

8. Know how to make a cheese sauce. (Not melted Velveeta). No. But then, why would I want to know how to make a cheese sauce?

9. Have at least 3 different sets of matching napkins/placemats. No.

10. Have more than 2 sets of dishes. No!

11. Enjoy reading cookbooks like others enjoy reading magazines/novels. Yes, if they are around.

12. Entertained in your home within the last month. Yes! Hooray. See my last post. I'm going to count that as entertaining.

13. Worked in your yard/garden this last week. No. I don't have one.

14. Know what you are serving for breakfast in the morning. Yes. Hahaha. I need to post off my health insurance cheque, so I'm walking to the mailbox and getting an iced venti non fat latte with sweetener for breakfast.

15. Know how to make a curtain - mistreatments count! No...

16. Ever copied a décor idea from someone else. BONUS Add 5 points if someone has copied an idea from you. Yes, I have copied from someone else.

17. Play background music when entertaining. Of course! It's the most exciting/important thing about preparing to have people over.. making a playlist.

18. Ever crafted your own flower arrangement. BONUS Add 5 points if you used fresh cut flowers from your own garden/yard. No.

19. Baked something from scratch within the last month. No. I don't bake.

20. Updated your home for summer. No.

xoxo
Mandy

4 comments:

Andhari said...

That's bad, I tried to answer and kept having no oh this is baaaaad. I'm gonna wind up alone maybe with a little puppy.

Jeanette said...

Oh man, I had a lot of no's too!

Abra said...

Haha I'd do badly too. I didn't even cook last night (I was out)! But about the cheese sauce - I think they're referring to something like Alfredo, for a pasta of sorts. :)

Jill said...

You didn't do too bad. Now I'm kinda wondering what you made for dinner? I eat the most random things when I'm at home.

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com